View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 04:49 PM

I recently auditioned the entire range (bookshelf all the way to 9H) and will be going back for another listen in the new year. I have a complete B&W theater and find myself listening to music more often so I'm setting up a new 2 channel system. I wanted to try a different type of sound compared to what I already have and I'm not fond of the new D3 range from B&W.

My dealer had setup a variety of speakers/components for me to try, paradigm was not on that list. By chance one of the rooms had the bookshelves already setup so at some point I decided to have a listen... I didn't get the hoopla online and found them disappointing. I asked my dealer if it was worth listening to the towers in the range and he said definitely so we tried those and I'm glad I did.

Absolutely stunning all around, all the way from the 3F to the 9H. For me the winners are hands down the 3F and 7F, especially since I would be mating with external subs. The only negatives for me would be that they are a bit on the bright side so long term listening might prove fatiguing but that could be all down to the room and placement. The other negative is a minor cosmetic one and that is that I find the base and feet don't quite match the rest of the look, something feels off to me but that has nothing to do with the sound quality.

Finally, I have to wonder if something was up with the bookshelves because they didn't sound a thing like the rest of the line. I'll go back for another listen and am leaning towards going for the 3F!