View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
The Momentum pre has 2 sets of balanced outputs. According to Bill McKiegan at d’Agostino, they are both active all the time. I’m wondering if I can use the 2nd pair for a headphone amp. The headphone amp (Woo WA6) has no balanced inputs, so I’d have to convert from XLR to RCA at the pre or headphone end. I would only run either the headphone amp or power amp, never both at the same time. Does anyone see any issues with this setup? Will having both outputs connected, one to a balanced device and one not, change output impedance?
Tony - I asked the same thing before I got my Momentum pre.......they called D'agostino to confirm and they said that there would be no problems using the second set of outputs like that....I was asking in case I wanted to use the output for a subwoofer. They said the same thing, both are active and should be no problem.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3