View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcher10 View Post
I have said this many, many times on many different forums. I will be the first to raise my hand and proclaim that digital should be the best audio format/vehicle for music period. I have thought this since buying my first CDP back in 1983, a Sony CDP-302 $599....

Then the 90's came and the CD became a POS, as well as digital mastering, CDs pressed in the 90's are garbage. I don't play those anymore, because they are not enjoyable, completely takes away from the enjoyment of a great pc of music/album. Of course we all pick music that makes us feel good, but the reason we invest money in the best gear we can is because we want to experience that music as best we can.
Bad mastering/mixing, loudness wars simply kill the great feelings and emotions of music.

I am glad I never got rid of my records back in the mid 80's. I am not sure if it will ever end, streaming services on mobile devices will always need the loudness wars, compression so those folks can hear the music.

For me there is more disappointment in digital than excitement of sitting down and listening to it.
Well said!

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.