View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 12:02 AM

I have said this many, many times on many different forums. I will be the first to raise my hand and proclaim that digital should be the best audio format/vehicle for music period. I have thought this since buying my first CDP back in 1983, a Sony CDP-302 $599....

Then the 90's came and the CD became a POS, as well as digital mastering, CDs pressed in the 90's are garbage. I don't play those anymore, because they are not enjoyable, completely takes away from the enjoyment of a great pc of music/album. Of course we all pick music that makes us feel good, but the reason we invest money in the best gear we can is because we want to experience that music as best we can.
Bad mastering/mixing, loudness wars simply kill the great feelings and emotions of music.

I am glad I never got rid of my records back in the mid 80's. I am not sure if it will ever end, streaming services on mobile devices will always need the loudness wars, compression so those folks can hear the music.

For me there is more disappointment in digital than excitement of sitting down and listening to it.