View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:18 AM

Default Just Smitten, Hope You Will Be Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progfan2112 View Post
In the early break-in stage of my MC452 with the Sopra 2.
I've had a McIntosh MC452 driving my Focal Sopra No2's now for about 20 months and am just smitten with the accuracy, detail and soundstage. That amp just sounds so "musical" driving a speaker with such capability, and its smoothness makes that tweeter just sing (not shout).

I have a feeling that the MC452 will go down as one of McIntosh's best amplifiers, joining the 2205 of yesteryear.

One of my last upgrades was to replace my solid state preamp (McIntosh C50) with a tube unit (McIntosh C2500) and that made a further improvement in the "musicality" of the system.

After having my Sopra's for about six months, one night while doing extensive listening it dawned on me that the speakers finally sounded "relaxed". Though they sounded just awesome to me after the initial break in, at around the six month mark, they really seemed to "settle in".

No plans to look at other amps or speakers.

Enjoy!
McIntosh C2500 pre amp, MC452 power amp, Autonomic MMS-5A server, PS Audio P15 power plant, DirectStream DAC, DirectStream CD transport, Focal Sopra No2 speakers, JL Audio F113V2 sub woofers (2), Sennheiser HD800 headphones, Dell laptop iTunes/Tidal/Roon, Wireworld cabling