View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Richard.......Have you had the opportunity to listen to the SF Lilium speakers? Since you are already know the sound of the Stradivari's, hearing the Liliums with familar music should let you know in short order whether your find them a step up. Interestingly, the Lilium and Stardivari are both rated at 92dB sensitivity so your MC2301's should mate to the Lilium performance perimeter without any issues. You will be trading the Strad's ring radiator tweeter for the Lilium's 1" damped apex-dome tweeter and a different midrange driver, and you will be trading the Strad's two SEAS 12" aluminum/magnesium-cone woofers for the Lilium's three 7" woofers made with a lightweight sandwich-cone structure and a passive radiator. Of course there is a striking appearance difference beween the Strad's and the Lilium's.

I think at the Lilium's price point (retail $65,000) it would serve you well to have some audition time before making a final decision. My gut tells me you are unlikely to be disappointed by the Lilium, so if the deal is sweet enough even without an audition you might want to take advantage of the offer. There will always be preamps and phono stages available, but a special deal on Liliums without having to find a buyer for your Strads might just be the ticket.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...m-loudspeaker/

Thanks Dan for your thoughts, that's what I was thinking, a turn key deal. Also I forgot to say I also have 2 Rel G2 subs in the system