View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltemi View Post
A fully balanced preamp or power amp consists of two identical amplifier units (and for the preamp also volume control units) per channel.
Normally the units are floating as well, i.e. independent of the ground potential.

In a top of the line Accuphase system, the fully balanced output of the source (DA / Phono pre) is connected via XLR to the fully balanced C-3850 and then via XLR to the fully balanced monoblocks
(A-200, A-250, M-6200). At the output of the power amps the phase of one complete amplifier chain per channel (preamp, connections and power amp) is turned 180°.

This eliminates all potentially induced noise and also the common residual noise and distortion of the amplifier and volume control units themselves leading to a cleaner music signal.
Hi, Can you advise, if my preamp a C2450 is connected to the A70 power amp via RCA interconnects, and if my DAC, a Simaudio is connected to my C2450 via XLR interconnects and since the Simaudio component's balanced XLR output is equipped with Pin 2 (+) as opposed to the XLR configuration of the C2450 which is Pin 2 (-), must I still use the phase switch on the preamp to ensure the entire chain is in phase?

Thank you