View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Green Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
I'll give you a firm "it depends". The Sabrina is nominally a 4 ohm speaker, with dips down to about 2.7 ohms if I recall the specs correctly. So theoretically, the 60w at 4 ohms should give you a decent amount of volume. But in the real world, there are other considerations: What's the room like where you're doing your listening? What are the dimensions, distance of speakers from listening position, type of flooring and reflective surfaces? When I auditioned the Sabrina at my dealer, using the same Classe Sigma SSP and AMP5 that I own, I had to turn the volume up several steps beyond what I have the volume set in my home after I got the Sabrinas. But I have hard wood floors, an open floor plan, and the room is not overdone with sound absorbing materials. Also to consider are dynamic peaks. While you say you don't listen to a lot of classical, are there other musical styles you listen to where this might be an issue? Bottom line advice? Can you try the new amp in your setup to decide for yourself whether it's got enough power to make your Sabrina's sing?
The Accuphase E600 is 60W into 4Ohm and 120W into 2Ohm! My guess is the Accuphase should work well and not have issues into the very low load of the Sabrina.