View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:24 PM

Default Power cord upgrade

I recently made a very significant upgrade to AQ Wel Signature speaker cables (8') and IC's (24' balanced). Going from KK select copper to these amazing cables and IC's gave me a remarkable improvement in the sound through my Alexx loudspeakers. I was surprised that "cables" could make such a difference. This has led me to do a major and I mean major pc and power conditioner upgrade. 2 Niagra 5000's, 1 7000, 5 HC Dragons, 3 Source Dragons, 1 Hurricane, and 1 Thunder. I have gone purely digital with my Mac D1100 as my preamp using nothing but optical AQ Diamond and Wel AES/EBU coaxial as inputs. I have 4 dedicated 20 amp lines with no. 10 wire out of the fuse box. Subwoofer system remains KK copper select speaker cable (12' from 1.25KW to Thor) and KK IC (24' balanced) from Wilson Watch controller to 1.25KW. AQ Wind balanced going from 2nd main out of D1100 to Wilson Watch Controller; AQ Hurricane going from Niagra 7000 to WC. KK Palladian pc going from 1.25KW to 20 amp wall outlet directly. Whole system protected and filtered by Transguard TG 60 and massive GE Transfer Switch outside the house. I will post pics of before and after when I get it all hooked up in about 2 weeks. Including even my Alexx loudspeaker, this upgrade to top line Audioquest speaker cables, IC's, pc's and conditioners is by a significant amount the biggest and most expensive upgrade I have ever made to my audio system. I had no idea "connections" and power could be so expensive. But it is done. I know I will enjoy my actual equipment much more knowing that I now have really top line connections and power. I don't know if top line Audioquest if the "best" but I think they are right up there with the best.

ps. I think cable companies may rule the high end audio world after all.

Last edited by Charles; 06-07-2018 at 09:32 PM.