View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
You're not being an enabler. Prior to trying the Platinum 8, I had AQ Fire going from my DAC to the preamp and AQ Niagara from my preamp to the amplifier. When I switched positions with the AQ cables, I didn't hear any difference. Now I have the WW Platinum and Silver Eclipse series 8 and the difference is greater than I thought. So, yes I'm ordering another Platinum today.
I picked up a Platinum Eclipse 8 XLR from Ivan based on your feedback. The Platinum Eclipse 8 is impressive. It was a little hit or miss the first couple of days, and it went from kind of bright followed to being forward sounding, but a couple of weeks in, it improves on everything I think the Platinum Eclipse 7 does well, and adds to it.

I find the Platinum 7 to be lush sounding but the 8 is even more colorful, letting more of the music come through with additional clarity, sparkle, and IMPACT. It's a nice, nice sounding cable.

Comparison to my WEL XLR is interesting.
As with my comparisons to the Platinum 7, I still feel the WEL isn't exactly satisfactory with regard to accurate tonal saturation, but it still sets the bar (for me) for lack of distortion.
The same distinction becomes more significant between the WEL and Platinum 8 because the Platinum has an even more full, realistic portrayal of timbre, to me.

I'm going to listen to it for a few months to see if there's additional refinement or changes, before I decide how far I want to go with adding more Platinum 8 cables to my system.

It's the best Wireworld cable that I've heard, to date.

Did you add additional PE 8 cables to your system and if so, how do you like the additional that you added?

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables