View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
Thanks Dan and Serge!

My Yggy arrived mid afternoon - I let it rest outside of the box so it could come up to room temperature, then I got it settled into the rack and hooked up. In my initial listening, I immediately recognized the excellent level of detail, clarity, and speed that I remembered from my previous in-home demo.

I really appreciate Dan's write up of both his break in notes and overall reviews, which IMO were his best to date. Serge's posts and YouTube videos were great as well. I know what to expect with the improvements in sound thanks to those detailed posts. I am definitely sensing the need for the unit to break in - there is some glare and edge that I know will go away with more warm up and break in time, as well as an overall improvement in cohesiveness and balance to the sound. More to come
My unit sounded very good out of the box but has since mellowed out and became even smoother. It is a very relaxed and laid back sounding unit now but not in a bad way. It still presents all the micro detail and has plenty of PRAT factor when the recording calls for it. Just natural, smooth, musical and very enjoyable. Love it. Have fun listening and be a little patient with it.