View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 12:03 AM

I have been listening to this Cyrus phono stage with its PSX-R2 since 2 weeks.
Mostly classical music, but also some female vocal jazz, some blues and pop recordings.
Into 2 different systems.
One with the Shindo Monbrison pre and Shindo CCQs amps, and the other one with the CJ GAT, and 300B's SET monoblocks made by a famous audiophile in Rennes, France. The 300B tubes are Gold Lion Genalex reissue.
Carts : SPU CLASSIC GM MKII E and EMT XSD15 with Super Fine diamond.
Speakers are Altec based, with 414Z drivers, W32A horns - 807 compressions, inspired by the Shindo Petite Latour. Sensitivity is 100 dB.

The Cyrus proved to be a very talented performer. The kind of audio gear that keeps you awake at night, and making you listening endlessly to music.
I may write a detailed review for Tone Audio so I won't say more here but I can tell you that this phono stage is among the very best I ever heard, no matter the price. It plays much much higher than its price tag would suggest.
The Brits are truly the little devils of audio. How come they managed to put to so much magic in so little space ? And at this price ?
I have always been a Cyrus fan.
I am delighted by this unit.
It surpasses all my expectations.
If you are serious about vinyl playback and you can have a demo of it, no matter the phono stage you are currently using, do not hesitate for one second.