View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
I didn't consider Monitor Audio either, because the couple of times I've heard them they were forward sounding. Someone I really trust heard them and said the PL500s were on another level. I've owned several Wilson Audio speakers(Sophia 2, 3s, and Sashas). I've owned them because I just wanted to say, "I owned Wilson Audio." Now, I want to own what I think sounds good, regardless of what anyone else thinks. I understand the Wilson appeal, but I honestly feel they are a bad value...just my opinion, based on my experience. The PL500s are very smooth in my system: Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amp, JR Corus preamp, JR Aeris DAC, Bryston BDP2, WireWorld Platinum Power Cables and Inter-connect cables. WireWorld Silver speaker cables and the Torus RM15. My room is treated with GIK Acoustic. I retired from the Air Force 5 years ago. My last base was Randolph AFB.
You've got me intrigued and I'm going to try and hear them. It's nice to know that us Air Force vets have good ears. Again. Information much appreciated.