View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
I sold my subs to help purchase the PL500s. I listen to 95% contemporary Jazz(Boney James, David Sanborn, Jesse J, Paul Brown, Dave Koz). My room was too big for the Aerial 7Ts and subs did a nice job of filling in the lows and providing more dynamics. In a smaller room, I'm confident I would have kept the 7Ts(they are very good). The PL500s are full range, with great bass and dynamics. The soundstage is big, but instruments and voices are properly sized. In my room and to my ears the PL500 don't need subs. Again, no "absolutes" with audio, but after owning many, many speakers the PL500s is where I end my journey.
Thanks again for the info. My dedicated room is 33 feet wide by 19 feet deep. Is your room approx side so no need for subs?
I've been very happy with the 7Ts but dislike that I needed 2 E110s to completely fill sound out. 7s as you know roll off around 30hz. So I've been high and low passing at 42hz for more dynamics and lower bass fill in. Sounds like the 500s would be the ticket though Mike Kelly has told me his 12Ts will be his best speaker ever. What to do?What to do?????