View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
It will interesting to get your opinion on the upgrade. As Dan pointed out there are improvements in certain aspects in the N10. Your question was about sound quality. If you need other outputs besides the USB than you should upgrade. It your still going to only be using the USB than you probably will not notice much of a difference. I say this because I called Aurender and asked this very question and was told the USB section in the N100 is same as the N10. The N100 lacks the other things pointed out by Dan which I am pretty sure are mostly for the other outputs on the N10?
I thought I would reach out to Aurender and get there input.

Hello, I am considering upgrading to your N10 from my N100H. My question is
will I get increased sound quality from the USB output or do I need to use the
s/pdif output to hear any difference? I understand that the clock is not used
with the USB output but wondering if there is still a benefit because of better
architecture in the N10. I am using a McIntosh C2600 preamp. I am very happy
your products and support.
Thank You, Paul Hertz

Hello Paul,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

We receive this question from time to time and it’s not very easy to answer since each environment and system are different.

Technically speaking, there is no difference between the N10 and N100H’s USB audio output. The same architecture is used for both.

The N10 has a larger power supply, more storage, a larger caching SSD, and a specially designed SPDIF output board. The N10 also has a thicker chassis and larger AMOLED displays.

The only real difference you may hear in your system using USB would therefore be due to the additional vibration reduction due to the thicker aluminum chassis, and possibly lower noise offered by the power supply in the N10. How much of a difference this will make is highly system dependent so we suggest arranging with your dealer to audition the difference before making a purchase. This way you can know for sure how the N10 might improve performance in your particular application.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Jesse

I thought others might be interested in the factory's reply.