View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
Cyril,

I have to tell you. I was really considering the REF 210 instead of the Lamm's. Both were excellent and I could have gone either way. But in the end, I felt I really didn't want to deal with that many tubes (mtc and cost) given my listening habits.

Its funny how thiings work out. When I first heard Audio Research (REF 210 and REF 5) driving Magico V3, I was really underwelmed. The pace of the music was way too slow. I felt like my body was 2 steps ahead of the music.
When I heard them driving Wilsons, it was totally different. This too is an outstanding combination. Its all about synergy

Rich
Rich...I think Ref 5/Lamm 1.2/Sasha will be a great combo. I believe the Lammies will give you a denser/fuller presentation than the Ref 210s might with the Sashas especially with that dip to 1.8ohms in the bass region. And as you said, the Lamm 1.2s are easier on the wallet maintenance wise and with only one input small signal tube should be much easier from an ongoing maintenance perspective. We look forward to tracking your system's evolution as you gradually put the pieces together. Good luck and congrats.