Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 01:42 AM

Default Pics of my new Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic

Pics of my new Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic:

As soon as Ivan rotates I will have some comments.

Charles

The first pic shows the spike length of 4 setting on block step 2, according to the Table set to my ear height of 36" and listening distance of 11'. The level seen behind the block steps is part of the upper block.

The second pic shows the lower block with its micrometer set to 15.8, according to the Table for ear height and listening distance. The micrometer wheel and handle for the lower block is shown at the rear. For the lower block the block step is 4 and the spike length is 2, exactly the opposite of the upper block. The third pic shows the upper block lighting. Fourth pic the lower block light. The knobs controlling the intensity are in the middle of the horizontal bars containing the lights. The lights are off in these two pics but on in the first two pics.

The lighting is really helpful, a wonderful and thoughtful touch and feature.

There are two detents not shown that if you want you can see under XVX Installation in the Wilson Forum. The upper 7" mid detent position controls the tweeter and 7" upper mid positions relative to each other and are adjusted from the side not the rear. The lower 4" mid detent position controls the 4" mid relative to the lower 7" mid. Again, these detents are set according to the Tables for ear height 36" and distance from speaker 11'.

The chronometers with their micrometers adjust the upper and lower blocks fore and aft. The spikes and their blocks control the angle of the blocks relative to my ears. Setting the detents was the most difficult but nothing not easily done. It is very necessary to be sure that all settings/alignments are locked down for best sonics.

Go to the Wilson Forum on this website if you want to understand more about the detents.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200112_232810.jpg (78.0 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg 20200112_232859.jpg (79.4 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg 20200112_233110.jpg (79.0 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 20200112_233133.jpg (81.8 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by Charles; 01-13-2020 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Rotate and Embed photos