View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 12:38 PM

PHC1, how does the Focal Utopia compare to the Audeze LCD-X, 3, and 4?
I had the LCD-X and loved the sound, but I got rid of it due to a major defect.
Also how would you compare the clear to the utopia? I heard the clear at RMAF and loved it, heard the utopia too and hated it... but some headphones I didn't like at the CANJAM initially, I really liked later on.

For instance there is way too much background noise killing the sound of an open back headphone to really appreciate it. Mc headphones sounded terrible at CANJAM, yet wonderful in the Mc dealer store.

When I heard the utopia what I didn't like is the separation was poor, soundstage was poor, and it sounded sloppy. And then I put on the clear and it was night and day better. But now I'm second guessing what I heard considering headphones that sounded bad at canjam suddenly sound great outside of canjam. It also could be the source or the amp which may have been different.

Also the clear has aluminum instead of beryllium. I have some aluminum speakers and while they sound great they tend to fatigue my hearing quickly to wear I don't enjoy music as much as I used to in that setting.