View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 08:16 AM
Semi-audiophile

UPDATE: I've configured the new Sony and the picture, even with non-4K material, is really good. I have my cable box, two BD players, and my LD player going to the HDMI inputs on the Sony. The LD goes to my DVDO, which goes to the Sony.

I've seen reports on another forum about audio dropouts with the Sony, and I'm experiencing that now, too. But sometimes there is a slight pixelation of the video when that happens, so I don't know if this is a cable feed/box issue or the TV. I have one BD player's audio and video going to the Sony, so I'll try that out and see what happens.

On another note, a Furman IT-Reference 15i is on the way, with delivery scheduled for tomorrow. It will be a perfect visual compliment for the SPR-20i I have already. It was an open box item, so I got a really good price. It replaces a Furman Elite-15PFi; not sure what to do with that yet.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks