View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 04:34 PM

Charles...thank you for your email. Appreciate the clarification very much. I have great respect for Mac for its entire brand history,..I thought long and hard about trying the MCD500 and later the 1100 after I heard them due to their wonderful sound qualty and value for the money aspects. When it came down to it, i simply prefer the sound of AKM and other DACs over Sabre. That does not however mean that I believe the 500 and 1100 are not great options at an unbelievably low and fair price!!!

As to my post or reaction as you call it...it was not bitter in the least, only posting an attempt at a factual response to clarify and to answer specific elements of your post and to help the OP towards resolution of his issue.

FWIW, I would have written the EXACT same text response and plugged in any other brand name in place of 'Mac' so your assumption on my post's contents, intent, ascribing an extremely negative emotion to it ( "bitter" ) are with respect, not correct. I am sorry you took it as Mac specific. I assure you, it is not!

Also FWIW, i read your post more than once and the context, within a thread with a question about another brand and a playback anomaly, and the sentence talking about true SACD support versus an afterthought seemed quite clear.

If I did not see your intent / meaning of those sentences in your post correctly, then you have an apology from me on this public thread!

Hope you are enjoying that fantastic system and speakers of yours!!! Would love to hear them some day!