Thread: Classe CP-800
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enatai252

No record in/out in the CP800....you are right. You can feed a signal from any source into a another preamp or recording device at full signal like I mentioned but its a fair point to say its not identical to record out function.

Classe's SSP 800 and CT SSP surround processors do have a second zone which serves as a record out...I use each of these in separate rooms...and one is the source for the whole house sound system. And while these are great processors they do not have the USB functionality of the CP800 which is incredible.

The record monitor/record out feature seems to be fading in some of the new preamps...even the ARC preamps have downgraded that functionality...my Ref 2 has a separate selector for record out...while my Ref 5 SE and Ref 40 lose the separate record selector

Mike...I switch from using the CP800 with an ARC VS115, Classe CA 2200 or directly into my Stax Omega energizer

I also use a CA2200 and CA3200 combo with the SSP800 for our family room. Other than the expensive DVD player...I find the Classe gear to provide a high level of sound quality and value at a reasonable price

Jim...great forum...can't argue with the value...
Have you done any room correction or calibration with the SSP-800?