View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Nothing good will become of this law.
As a life-long hunter & competitive shooter I'm not sure that I don't agree with your thinking on this issue. While I have a CC permit (not from NJ, where it is next to impossible to obtain one) I rarely carry, even in states where it is legal. My fear is not not-so-much of my fellow man (do my best to stear-clear of those places) but that I might shoot someone and end up in a civil lawsuit that would put me in a position of not being able to afford the stereo gear I want. In other words, seriously broke. Even if I won my attorney would not be 'free'. My other big fear is that many states have no required training for a CC permit. That means that, just like voting, there is no test/training for same and any clown can/will carry. Likely more unsafe than having no one able to carry. I'm good with my 1911 'bedside' pistol being at my bedside.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag