View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 04:50 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguru View Post
I have some room limitations in terms of seating position, and other constraints which make moving further away from the side walls not possible at this time. That being said, I am actually quite pleased with the imaging, soundstage, bass response, and overall coherence I am getting from the Yvette in their current position. Every room is different, and every pair of ears are different. Take a look at the pictures of the room where Wilson did their official launch of the Alexia 2 (google "First Listen: Wilson Audio Alexia Series-2 takes my breath away"). You will notice that the speakers are placed relatively close to the side walls, and the overall relationship between the front wall, side walls, and toe in, is very similar to my current setup.

So bottom line, I'm feeling pretty good about my placement and setup.
Those pics are an optical illusion. Your speakers are much closer to the wall than are those Alexia 2s. Also toe in was set to cover a broader area due to large number of listeners. How can I be so sure? Because I put those Alexias where they are.

Rooms are different. So are speakers. However, rarely can the speaker be within the zone of neutrality as close to the wall as you have yours. Also, toe in is based on the zone, width apart and your listening distance from the speaker. Without knowing at least the latter two, it is hard to know exactly what your toe in is relative to what is in Mohammed's Alexia pics.

None of this really matters until you are off the wheels though. Yvette will reward a setup dialed to the nth degree.