View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crytklmass View Post
I auditioned Wilson Sasha's and B&W 800D today. CD player was wadia connected directly to Krell amps. NO premap or processor between them.
I own B&W and think there great speakers, but compared to the Sasha's well, the Sasha's win hands down. I couldn't believe my ears. The best explanation is the B&W sounded as if they were playing through a megaphone. The soundstage was condensed, smaller, fewer details. My jaw hit the floor.
I didn't hear this with my B&W's lol. at least I didnt think I did.
The Sasha's filled the entire room, all the instruments sounded authentic, some recordings may have sounded harsh to some becuase they played back ALL the sounds even some that may have been removed by a studio. But I embraced the sound, I prefer realistic sound reproduction. In a concert, you hear certain noises (singer breathing) and those were heard through the Wislons. The B&W soundstage a presence was much shallowers and smaller. more tear dropped sounding. Wilson has a winner with these speakers. Now I have to audition the Meridian tomorrow, then I'll be closer to making my final decision.
I did listen thru the same system at the same store and I thought the 800's were much better than the Sasha's. The vocals were much more natural and the bass more musical but a bit more bloated than the Sasha's. The high end seemed to be missing from the Wilson's compared to the 800D's. Yes, the Wilson's seemed faster than the B&W's which I normally like but all in all the sound was more disjointed. Both systems image better than my own speakers but that is to be expected since the MBL's are omni-directional in the mids and highs.
Jim