View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 01:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manubarrow View Post
Hello, everyone.
This thread is being very illustrative for my needs.
I'm between the Delta nr and the Venom nr.
My amp has a 350w power consumption and I think my power outlet should be feeded by a 10 gauge cord, the outlet feeds a Hegel DAC, the amp and a transport. Due to that setup I think the Venom nr v10 or the Delta nr are fit perfectly to that task, the only question is if the difference in money between the Delta and the venom would be a dramaticall impact in the sound.
I mean the price is twice so, it has a sound and performance two times better the Delta over the venom?
That makes me wonder... a lot.
Regards
Hi Manu,
I just posted a reply to your other post in the Shunyata forum.

The most important thing is to put as many quality power cords on your components and power distributor as possible within your budget, even if that means using a somewhat lower spec power cord for all components rather than a single, more expensive one, and then OEM generic black power cords for the other components. So, for example, for the same amount of money for powering two devices (whether it be a power conditioner or a component) I would purchase two Venom NR-V10s, rather than a single Delta NR.

And yes, you are right, a 10 gauge PC would be better for your IsoTex power distributor than a lower gauge power cable.

Here are a set of options arranged along the lines of the classic Good/Better/Best concept:

1) Good: Venom HC V2 power cords on all components and your IsoTek, except your transport. Put a Venom V14D Digital on your transport.

1) Better: Venom HC V2 to power your Isotek and Hegel, Venom NR-V10 to power your Roma, Venom V14D Digital to power your transport.

2) Best: Venom HC V2 to power your Isotek, 2 x Venom NR-V10 to power your Roma and Hegel, 1 x Venom V14D Digital to power your transport.

Per your question: Do I think the Delta NR v2 is worth twice the price of the Venom NR-V10? Yes.

But, I would still proioritize putting more of a lower-specification power cord throughout the system rather than 1 or 2 higher-spec PCs and using generic black OEM PCs on other components.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.