View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I hear what you guys are saying, but for what it’s worth, I’ve also met Dan and discussed with him, and last fall got a slightly more nuanced answer: it depends. Perhaps it’s because there have been changes in the capabilities of power conditioners or his amps. For what it’s worth, the last time I was there he was running the amps in his shop through Stromtanks. I’ve tried it both ways also, 20a line vs conditioner. With the Denali, in my system at least, it was a tossup. Since going to the Everest, I think it now sounds better through the conditioner. As I mentioned in another thread, there are no absolutes here, I think it really is system, conditioner and power dependent, and perhaps your type of listening.
Tony, in my case, I have played around with so many of them (Not the Everest as this was a while ago) and obviously having paid close attention to it while being at the "peak" and "pinnacle" of my system and custom built room with lots of $$$$ invested.. I was obviously looking for that last ounce of sonic horsepower. Didn't find it with the power conditioners.

Of course YMMV and FWIW, as it applies to my own level of willingness to play the audio game these days, "I think I can hear a difference" from an $8k power conditioner is not something I am willing to entertain personally.

I have a rather modest system which keeps me listening to music all day long and I am more than OK with that. The game has no end and there is always something new coming out that promises to bring profound and game changing performance. One can count on that with ANY hobby.

But if the Everest has brought the most profound difference in their system, as some claim, then I do wish everyone with an Everest countless hours of sonic bliss. I have no skin in this game.