View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 10:19 AM

In my room when I first swapped out the 1's for the 2's Bruce hornsby and the range was playing on the radio and the piano coming out of the 2's was palpable, my neighbor who helped me get them downstairs and isn't into hifi looked startled and my wife came downstairs! Being taller, slimmer towers they also image better in my room. Then last week I swap the 1's back in and i'm taken by the bass and how musical they are and I start to wonder if I shouldn't keep these and sell the 2's instead, but a couple well recorded tracks reaffirms the salon2's are more refined, produce better separation between instruments and vocals and the be tweeter is for real. I think I like the looks of the S1's better and having a rear facing port is nice in my room it sounds like it loads my room better, but when i'm sitting in the sweet spot playing my favorite tunes the salon2's amaze with the presentation and when I go out to hear what the hifi shops are selling I don't hear anything I don't already enjoy at home.

Last edited by stev809; 07-14-2018 at 10:24 AM.