View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
Beautiful Serge,

It's great for the two of us to be in sync with our gear once again :-).

Can't wait to hear your impressions. I have very few worries about you loving the sound, my only concern is how the 10W+10W drive those beautiful Kensingtons in your room.

So far, the only negative thing I can say about my Shindo+Tannoy setup is that it has made me more sedentary than I'd like - I've gained 3lbs since acquiring them.

I love hiking, but 3 hours hike vs. a 3 hours listening session is a much tougher choice these days.

Alberto
Alberto my friend, I owe you. It is great to be in sync and this time I think we both have systems that we have been searching for a long time.

The 10w with Kensingtons is not a problem at all. I was rocking out today and reaching peaks of 98dB with dynamic room to spare. It is plenty for me. I usually listen in the 80-90dB range tops.

The Cortese locked in with Kensingtons like two characters from some romance novel... I don't know, Romeo and Juliet perhaps, except with a good ending. The synergy is undeniable. They love each other.

How about that Monbrison? I tried the EAR 324 today just to compare. Once again, you were right, the Monbrison is a great phono stage with a preamp thrown in. It politely walks all over the 324. Simply awesome, both MM and MC.

How about that bass? That full, round, wet, analog bass. Man does it sound right. Amazing what a 10w SET can do with the right speakers.

I'll share more when I can tear away from those trance inducing listening sessions...