View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskool View Post
Congratulations on the upgrade! You are blazing a trail down the exact path i may go too. I have a great Ref 5SE now and Ref Phono2 and want to make the move. A friend shocked me by saying my Fef 5SE is the weak link in my chain and said the upgrade to 40th would make ahuge difference in my system performance. Would you mind describing what difference you heard and how things changed?

Olskool
Hi Olskool ,

The first thing I notice is that the bass is tighter in the REF Anniversary 40 . I’m using huge Duntech C5000 speakers driven by the REF610T monoblocks in a 6 meter x 4 meter room w/ a 9 feet ceiling . When I was using the REF 5SE there was a little bass bloat , but not as bad when I was using my old ARC SP11 MK2 and my ARC Classic 150 monoblocks . Another big advantage of the REF Anniversary 40 over the REF 5SE was the palpable 3D imaging and air/ space between the musicians and the huge / expansive soundstage . I thought the REF 5SE was good , and I was given a chance to audition the REF Anniversary in my system for 1 week , and after that audition I said to myself this is it. Good thing my cousin in law grabbed my REF 5SE w/c I sold for only $4000 .
If you can try it in your system you’ll hear what I’m talking about .

Goodluck,

tdh888 .