View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I couldn't agree more. If you are going this route don't go half way. The beauty of the Valor is that the system is going to be constantly improved till at some point it may exceed even the best conventional system. The most amazing thing about this pic other than the beautiful speakers is the absence of room treatment. You don't need any!

Best

Charles
Charles, I have yet to ever hear of any digital processor truly compensating for gross room to speaker interaction and anomalies without imparting a heavy sonic penalty but I have certainly not heard them all. I know Lyngdorf, McIntosh and others have tried and it is definitely not the revolutionary solution it promises to be. All in all, it is perhaps a useful tool in certain situations where it would be the lesser of two evils.

Having said that, even a well treated room is far from perfect but does go a long way towards much better sound.

Hence my never ending interest in such active approaches as I am certain that given enough time, digital processing will eventually be capable of near magic. Such is the nature of technological progress.