View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayooo View Post
So, I guess.....

'swapped the fuse around, and I'd have to say at least in my mind, it sounds better. but there is simply no reason based on anything beyond my own expectations that could explain this...but I'm leaving it in this new direction!

As long as I'm playing in the twilight zone, let's continue. I'd also say that putting the fuse in the "wrong way" actually sounded worse than the stock fuse.

I lost my audiophile dictionary that provides the words and phrases we use to describe music reproduction quality . So at the risk of using the wrong words...I'd just say the music was somewhat "dry" with the fuse wrong way round, warmer and richer after the swap.

Disclaimer:

Anyone thinking I'm for making such comments. I agree totally.

"We now return control of your television set to you until next week..."
'hope there's at least one person around who's old enough to recognize that phrase.

all in all a nice little tweak that doesn't hurt a thing!
Thanks Joe for reminding me about the fuse direction!
Ray,

I agree 100% with everything you stated above. I can't explain it myself. To make matters worse, I needed two fuses for my amp and I installed them in opposite directions, not even thinking about putting them in the same way. I guess I was to excited to try them out, I just popped them in. That's when changing direction hit home!

Enjoy.