View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsBuddy View Post
I would be really interested in comparison of midrange and highs performance of Contour vs. your Sopras. I’m considering Sopras 2/3 or Contour 60 for my main system. I like the dynamics and midrange of the Sopras but in some systems I’ve heard them personally to be bright. Never had a chance to hear Contour.
I'm my system, detailed yes, bright no. Believe it or not with the McIntosh and the Contours, the highs and mids remind me a lot of my sopras running on my NAD separates. I do think the Contour tweeter might run a touch sweeter though, it's hard to tell because of the tube pre section on the amp. The Sopras are a lot bigger sounding and obviously go a lot lower with bass. The Contours aren't dialed in yet but Sopras are definitely more transparent. In the Contour system I haven't even messed with positioning, room treatments or cabling yet so it is very early to compare.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player