Thread: Schiit Lyr 2
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 02:30 PM

I plan on doing a three way shootout between the Asgard, Valhalla and Lyr using: the same wireworld silver Electra 7 power cord, silver Eclipse 7 RCA ICs, using RGPC power conditioner, Schiit Gumby DAC and Roon/Tidal as well as spinning some CDs with Gumby crunching the bits.

Focal, Sennheisers, Audeze, Mr.Speakers and Fostex headphones of various impedances and sensitivities will be driven by the above gear and using high resolution music of various genres to get a true feeling for what each amps strengths and weakness are will share my findings. Schiit is about to get serious. I will not get into tube rolling much other than trying stock vs Gold Lions to keep things simpler.

This will be a Schiit battle only, my other amps will not participate in this shootout as it is not fair nor productive to compare amps costings multiples of the price of Schiit amps. Of course I will mention it if I feel one of the Schiit amps stands head and shoulders above others and comes close to challenging the other amps I use as my reference. That would create true "value" and an honest, unbiased opinion of which of the Schiit amps offers more bang for the buck.

Last edited by PHC1; 12-31-2017 at 02:33 PM.