View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 01:13 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Pete View Post
Congrats Dan.....yes indeed, this DAC looks like a beauty, and I have no doubt it's impressing already and will only get better. It's obvious from the review in The Absolute Sound that it's rocking the digital audio community.

One question (and perhaps I missed this in this thread)...is it available in black? I see some pictures of a black version, and I think I saw it mentioned somewhere too. On the Schiit website, there is are drop downs for Finish, plug type, and voltage. I was "pretending" to purchase one, but the Finish drop down doesn't yield a choice either way. The pictures I saw in black looked very nice too.

Congrats on what is no doubt going to be a very fine addition!
Pete.......Thank you. Yes, Schiit offers the Yggdrasil and the Gungnir DAC's in black but only by special order, and then it is a hit or miss proposition whether their metal shop is able to produce one-offs in the course of their production runs. Black can be ordered but there is no guarantee it can be delivered. I was told via email that if they could not manufacture a black Yggdrasil they would notify me that the ordered was canceled.

I originally placed a special order for the black Yggdrasil but had a change of heart after additional conversation here with Serge and others about the quality of the matte black finish. It is paint, not black anodized, so the surface texture is different than the smoother silver anodized finish. Additionally, there was no wait and possible cancellation when ordering the silver Yggdrasil. I am happy with the silver finish, and as Stephen commented above, the silver Yggy provides a really nice aesthetic counterpoint in my audio rack.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A