View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
These are just brief notes and impressions, but the overarching and predominant quality of the Gungnir Multibit is that it is one of the most analog, least digital-sounding playback devices I've ever heard. It sounds like the best of analog on a very good turntable, but it sounds like going from a good moving magnet cartridge to a superb low-output moving coil. it is brilliant at creating an engaging and beguiling musical experience and I find myself just getting sucked into the music hour after hour. It doesn't sound digital..it sounds like MUSIC
My Gumby has never been turned off for nearly a month now and has exceeded the 300hr mark of initial break in and thermal stabilization. Your description is spot on Stephen. I strongly agree that the R-2R architecture DAC is about as analog as DAC sound gets. The smoothness, the ease and the organic presentation of Gumby is very pleasing to the ear. I am enjoying the heck out of my Gumby.

I started doing some research as to why and to educate myself a bit more on the topic. Came across this article which I thought was interesting. Delta-Sigma vs R-2R. http://sw1xad.co.uk/technology_post/...r-dac-designs/