View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
I received my 5 meter pair of Wireworld Solstice 7 speaker cables today. I wanted to wire my JBL 4312A's to the Tandberg 3026A power amplifier with a good quality speaker cable, but since this is a vintage system I wanted to keep a cap on the price while still getting good performance.

The Solstice 7 speaker wire surprised my with its size and heft. I put a pencil in the photo for some perspective. Each cable has two black and two red flat cables twisted around each other inside the outer jacket so the Solstice 7 speaker cable is a good candidate for a reasonably priced bi-wire configuration if a person is so inclined. The spade terminals are gold plated and hefty.

The Solstice 7 speaker cable is replacing some basic 14 gauge Lowes speaker wire I've had on the vintage system for a long time. I was used to the sound and felt it was acceptable, so imagine my surprise when the Solstice 7 speaker cable made my vintage system sound like I bought a new preamp and amp. Honestly, right out of the box the Wireworld Solstice 7 speaker cable sounds open and dynamic with very good resolution. My bass grew weight and depth, the midrange clarity improved, and the top end opened up substantially compared the zip type speaker cable. I couldn't be happier, especially since the retail price for a 5 meter pair of Solstice 7 speaker cables with gold plated spade terminals is only $230.00. That's not a typo, yes $230.00 for a 5 meter pair. The Solstice 7 is a 13 gauge oxygen-free copper speaker cable. I would not hesitate to recommend the Wireworld Solstice 7 speaker cable to anyone looking for very good performance on a tight budget. In my humble opinion the Solstice 7 speaker cable is a sleeper, performing well above its price range.

Due to kitchen/lounge refurb (see link https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...347#post862347)

I will have to re position the HiFi rack as the new heat pump is now located where the rack used to sit. So speaker cable length required has increased from 4 metre pairs, to 8 metre pairs!

After a lot of research, due to the fact I cannot afford an 8 metre par of Nordost Red Dawn Leif cable to replace my 4 metre pair, I've picked Wireworld Solstice 7, mainly based on Dan's review- so hoping they sound as good as Dan says!

He hasn't let me down yet so Im very confident that these cables will sing.

The cables have just been delivered so I attach a photo later today.

Last edited by jdandy; 08-17-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: correct quote syntax