Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
Nice pics Charles. I didnt realize that the Thor was such a beast!
Thanks, Joe. BTW, you have a fantastic system. I notice that you seem to work within sound signatures. Very smart and shows a lot of sophistication. I didn't notice any subs but not everyone is a bass freak like me. The Thor IMO is the best sub Wilson makes unless you are going all out and use stereo subs, i.e. stereo Audio Subsonics. These subs weigh in a 611 lbs (Thor at 411 lbs sensitivity 89 dB) and sensitivity 87 dB. You need a huge amp for the Thor and stereo amps of the same power for the Subsonics. The Subsonics I am told are a little faster (12" as opposed to 15" woofers for Thor) but the Thor goes lower and has more absolute output. Both are fantastic subs. The difference is price. I have 63,000.00 in my sub system as opposed to at least 130,000.00 for equivalent Subsonic system. I'd rather have my configuration and Thor for the same price. The new Thor is made of 3rd gen X-material and you can hear the difference.

Wilson was so kind to me. When my original Watch Controller went out they gave me a new one free of charge. Didn't even have to pay freight. Then notice how the bottom end of the new Thor is finished out. This should cost additional two grand but they did it at no charge. Wilson certainly did not have to do this.

I am using Imgur to post pics. It's so easy even I can do it. I can't take credit. My son who is in IT showed me how to use it but it was finding it that was the key. Using Imgur you click on the pic in your Imgur file, choose your thumbnail size, copy and paste. Even I can do that.