Thread: My B1s
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1998 View Post
The models are also crossed over differently, that is the main benefit of the K1 over the B1...

K1 Craftmanship
Actually the crossovers are handled exactly the same in the K1 and B1:

B1: Cross over frequencies (Hz): 100, 900, 4000
K1: Cross over frequencies (Hz): 100, 900, 4000

And if you read the craftmanship description of the B1, it is essentially the same as the K1 when describing the cross over: B1 Craftmanship

Like someone else said here, the primary difference as you go up the line is increased power handling capability and low frequency response. There really isn't isn't much difference in LF extension between the K1 and B1, the primary difference is greater power handling for the K1. You have to jump to Giyas to get greater LF extension (below 38Hz).

In the oval series the K1 and B1 share the same drivers, but the K1 has 4 LF drivers while the B1 has 2 LF drivers. Giya models share the same HF, MF and LF (they call this Mid Bass on the Giya line) drivers that the B1 and K1 have, but each Giya model has model specific LF drivers.

Back to K1 vs B1, I own B1s and haven't heard the K1, but for the added money, unless you need to fill up a big room with sound, you're not going to get low frequency extension like you would from the Giyas. I use JLAudio f112 subs to supplement the LF response of the B1s and they blend seamlessly.