View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Matt, when you say you don't want a computer to provide, for example, to function as a music server and access storage, does that mean you also don't want to have to use a smart phone or tablet to control providing content to the streamer? Or, would that be okay?
Hi guys, thanks for trying to help. I am a computer doofus, so am probably not asking the question properly.

I selected the Aurender for my main system since I had a 1,000 CD library I wanted to get off physical media, stop spinning and reduce clutter. Also wanted to try a HQ streaming service (Tidal).

The Aurender is perfect for me for both - it manages my newly ripped library, and integrates it very slickly with TIDAL - all running their Conductor app on an ipad. That's about as much 'computer' as I want in the equation, don't want to run a laptop or other, computer, NAS etc.

So... I was hoping I could simply piggy back on my existing Aurender, but does not look possible since there is only one USB output. As I mentioned above, I am willing to forego my CD library and just stream TIDAL in the second system.

So I guess I am looking for something like my Aurender but without any internal or NAS, that can just do good quality streaming, controlled by an app on an iPad.

Thanks again for the tips - this is not urgent, just looking to get ideas for what's possible and what I should be looking out for.

Cheers

Matt