View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 07:39 PM

I would first contact the manufacturer asking for their recommendation......

Only use 100% cotton cloths without labels - not microfiber, despite all the hoopla. Microfiber cloths create fine line scratches and swirl marks while 100% (Griots) cotton does not. I have tested this on numerous black colored cars - microfiber cloths SCRATCH and that's my experience.

Since your speakers only need a light dust wiping, I would spray the cloth slightly with Griots Speed Shine, as it is a water based product with light silicone, and lightly buff. I use this weekly on my Black Gloss JL Subs and they look as new, without any swirl or scratch marks. I also use it on my Cremons M's that have a satin finish, and it works beautifully.

I would stay away from any oil or harsh solvent based products. I don't think furniture polish is really needed, as the wood most likely is sealed and you will not be nourishing it..........but that's my opinion, and Speed Shine will give you great results easily so you could listen to your music sooner.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub

Last edited by Poppyhome; 09-18-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling