Thread: Parasound A23
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 11:54 AM

I use an A23+ on my Revel F228Be's and am very happy with it, but I have a small listening room. I have no experience with the A21+, but I have some with the JC5 and of course the JC5 outpaces the A23+. But, the A23+ is no slouch .... it is a wee bit warmer than the JC5 (everything is a bit rounded off compared to the JC5) and has a touch less control in the bottom end. Also be aware that Parasound has had some QC issues with the A23+. They just sent me a new one (my second one) as the left channel on mine went out after about 4 months .... AND the left channel on the first A23+ that I received was DOA. My dealer has, of course, kept me supplied with a loaner amp during these snafus, but ???? Parasound claims that they have found the source of the defect and are making sure the "issue" does not exist before sending out amps at this point. So, you may want to be sure that any A23+ you buy is coming from Parasound and not from dealer inventory that may have been sitting in inventory for a few months. Great amp for the price though.
I also tried out the Schiit Aegir (as mono blocks) and preferred them over the A23+, but they didn't like the load presented by the F228Be's and would shut down on larger bass transients whereas the A23+ handles all such transients without complaining even a little bit :-)