View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 07:12 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Oh wow I see what you mean by the really drooping blue one over on the right in the below photo, yikes! The gold Electra looks nice and evenly distributing/supporting the weight now. Probably not much you can do about the C7 one though? Those styles are very poor with dealing with weight. Are you using an adapter to connect the Wireworld to it?
That's the laserdisc player. I have a C7 PS Audio Jewel AC power cord and I could put that on it and the problem is solved. Right now, however, there is a Pangea C7 adaptor connecting the Stratus. The cord was propped up by another of those plastic cases mentioned earlier. And I can see from the first photo it's time to dust again. Interesting to me is the plastic case is supported by only its own lip as it sits on the shelf, plus perhaps the weight of the Stratus acts as a stabilizer. Lift the cord and the case falls immediately.

But I'm now using another velcro tie on the back of the rack with the cord and the connection is holding. I lifted the cord to provide some slack and and connected the cord to the cable management slot on the back of the Sanus rack. You can make out the velcro tie near the bottom of the second photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0163.jpg (92.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0164.jpg (89.1 KB, 23 views)
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks