View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 10:11 PM

Default Question's about S3 & S5 Magico

Hello,

I'm curious to her from Magcio owners how picky these speakers are in terms of distance placement from the front wall and what would be the minimum amplifier power needed to drive these speakers?

I recently demo'd the S3 in a room where the spekers were approx 8-10feet away from the front wall in a room that was about 17ft wide by 30ft long and was fully treated with a cost no object level of panels..etc.

The speakers sounded like they had a very deep soundstage but lacked width IMO. There was very little info that extended beyond the outside cabinet width but there was a lot of info present in terms of soundstage depth. The speakers were driven by all Spectral gear and the amp was said to put out 260w per channel from the stereo Spectral amp driving them.

My room is 15ft wide by 24ft long and I have my current speakers setup along the long wall due to it needing to be that way. I have, at most, maybe 4ft available to play with in terms of front wall placement if I wish to maintain my current 9ft distance listening position. How do these speakers behave with a fairly minimal front wall placement but large side wall distance?

Lastly, I believe I've read that the S3 Magio dips into the 1.6ohm region on certain freq's. Given that info, and assuming it's correct, what would you say is the minimal amp powered needed to drive these puppies in to the 105db range cleanly?

Thanks