View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
The Niagara must be great. Good choice. I never heard them, but I know that Michael Fremer think Audioquest Niagara 7000 are better then the more expensive Shunyata power stuff. That's probably worth to consider.
Carl, the Niagara 7000 is 9,500.00 dollars. Everest 8,000.00. The Niagara 5000 has jumped to 5,000.00. I have three 5000's and one 7000. Wouldn't think about Shunyata because no current reservoir and no isolation transformers. 7000 weighs in at 86 pounds and has isolation transformers for its source outlets; 5000 at 38. Everest at 34 pounds. Not to mention the awkward shape that would never fit into a rack or cabinet like mine. The current reservoir is a true reservoir. Unless you have a sophisticated power meter your electric bill will demonstrate the current drain similar to a large class A amp for each Niagara. This can have a very significant effect on you power bill if left on. The Niagara's have an auto switch that turns it off an on and you can hear it switch on and off with the amps turning on and off. They also have a manual switch which I never use. The Niagara's are very sophisticated instruments and very significantly improve the power supplies of my Mac amps and my Mac source gear. They don't need any accessory grounding wires.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 12-03-2020 at 12:07 AM.