View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Thank you!

Charles, your right, good wall sockets can make a difference. I use Furutech Rhodium wall sockets.
What is a WEL IC?

You know, when a system starts to perform at a high level everything counts. You can hear the slightest difference of change. Not so infrequently the small differences can be very important for the sound to go from good to excellent and really makes the music as good as it gets.
The hole thing about the current and earth is the base for the signalpath.
When I think about the term tweak, it's not really a tweak to get the electricity, current, earth great and right. It's the source where everything in the system begins. When this gets right, you raise the level in a way that normal tweaks does not.
It should be seen as an equal part of the system as amps and so on. I don't think it's possible to get the best out of all the units in a god system without taking good care of the earth and current.

As you, I also think that to be in a hurry in this hobby can be fatal for the performance from the gear.
Stay cool and happy Thanksgiving.
We don't celebrate it that much in Sweden. But I'v been to a restaurant in Manhattan NY during Thanksgiving and had the traditional meal. It was great and how full we became. Cab instead of a stroll to the hotel!
Carl, totally agree. The sockets are very high quality hospital grade single outlet and direct wired into the fuse box but not audiophile grade. It is relatively inexpensive and will be the next thing to do. I will use AQ Edison's.

I looked up the cost of a balanced WEL IC (short for William E. Lowe, CEO of Audioquest). For one meter it is 7,000.00. The Wind IC is solid sliver and 3,000.00 for a one meter. It is totally equal with my other sub cables and cords.

I will probably keep the Wind in the system for that reason. What do you think?

Best

Charles

p.s. My IC's from my pre to my 1.25KW's are balanced WEL's of 24' in length. I have conveniently forgotten their cost. Mercifully wiped from my memory. It was most painful.

Last edited by Charles; 11-27-2020 at 01:59 PM.