View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifisand View Post
I have standard Mye stands for my 3.7's on a wood floor with sharps. I added 3 stillpoint ultra 5's to replace sharps. 2 in front and 1 centered in back (could use only 3 thanks to mye stands back bar). I intend to add fourth but the improvement with 3 is fantastic. I would assume adding to 20.7 on Mye stand would also be a fantastic event. I had mye add 1/4x20 threads also. Want to try screwing Ultra 5 to stand. This is supposed to be better according to stillpoints.
Hifisand, nice work with the Mye's and the Ulrra 5s... using the threaded screws to direct connect the Ultra 5s added quite an improvement on the 20.7s particularly in terms of the speaker's focus over just resting the points underneath.

Over a fair part of the last year I've experimented with sets of Ultra 5s, SS and minis under speakers and components in a range of systems from $30k to well over $500k and they invariably contribute a significant and fantastic effect but especially when used system wide to float the entire set-up... and as good as Ultra 5s can be under gear like amps and sources they really come in to their own and are often easily an order of magnitude more significant at the speakers end of the setup and as involving and real as Maggie's can ordinarily seem the Ultra 5s were particularly transformational under the 20.7s.