View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Excellent answers but I point out that many species have languages, verbal skills. There's one basic thing that separates us. What is it?

Also I want to point out that in relation to the mystery of Rh neg blood type, it is essentially a disease of childbirth. One does not need to invoke aliens to explain it.

I emphasize that the way I understand things our progenitors passed the curse of the toxin to all their progeny. The curse was also passed on to the higher species in varying degrees. The organization of genome is there for all to examine and interpret.

Did the genome evolve and become what we see or was the genome severely injured? If the genome evolved, i.e is the product of random chance, then mutation is a good thing. Should mutation be discouraged? Why should we get in the way of a process that has created all that we see?
Charles the answer is here but if one reads the article and thinks deeper into it, one will lean towards “intervention” of a higher intelligence.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-us-different/

We spent the next year finding out all we could about the evolutionary history of HAR1 by comparing this region of the genome in various species, including 12 more vertebrates that were sequenced during that time. It turns out that until humans came along, HAR1 evolved extremely slowly. In chickens and chimps—whose lineages diverged some 300 million years ago—only two of the 118 bases differ, compared with 18 differences between humans and chimps, whose lineages diverged far more recently. The fact that HAR1 was essentially frozen in time through hundreds of millions of years indicates that it does something very important; that it then underwent abrupt revision in humans suggests that this function was significantly modified in our lineage

Last edited by PHC1; 08-01-2020 at 01:26 PM.