Thread: Q3 vs S5
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Jazz, i'm just interested to ask if you've heard the S5's on their factory feet, or with Stillpoints Ultra 5's with Ultra bases? The feedback i've received from Dealers and owners is, these feet are that good they're apt to provide a similar level of improvement (assuming your upstream electronics and cables are up to scratch) as a component upgrade. I must say having placed my Vitus amp on Ultra 5's, the improvement was remarkable. And we still haven't installed the Ultra bases yet! I have a box full of Ultra 5's & Ultra bases ready to install under my S5's when they reach 500hrs...can't wait!
David, I've tried different mixes of Stillpoint mini, SS and the U5's under a few different systems now ranging from $50k to $500k to see what works best on the whole and I've yet to hear a speaker that wasn't most markedly transformed by the U5s. The improvement with speakers in each case was way greater than with any of their the other components. If you don't have to wait to install them under the S5s I certainly wouldn't... Congratulations, you'll love em, they're mind bendingly good.

Graham