View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timobi View Post
GW1800 (Mike) is 100% spot on. Listen to Mike. I flew up to hear his setup last October and got to hear first hand what good power cables/ interconnects and other treatments can do. It changed the way I viewed that part of the process.

Then Mike and a local Milwaukee dealer drove ALL the way down to Monroe, LA to bring some equipment and audio cables. With my existing equipment and replacing the Stock cords produced a DRAMATIC uptick in soundstage, depth, realism and emotion.

It was awesome.

We all have budgets (guidelines) But start with Power cables...will make a nice uptick.
Thank you everyone for the fantastic information. I haven't been using stock cables on any of my devices since day one. I bought Kimber and WW power cables for my amps, preamp and sources. I don;t even know what my system sounds like with stock cables because I never tried them. So I think that when it comes to power cables I am OK for now.

It is the XLRs that I use everywhere that I was wondering if I should re-examine. Totally understand the concept of auditioning new cables at home. Maybe I should start with the amps and source cables and work with my dealer on that.

As for power outlet, we currently rent our house, so no dedicated power circuits, just plug my equipment to the wall (I do use a Monster surge protector).