View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
Just a quick update on DSD playback ... or the lack thereof! Got JRiver setup on my Windows Laptop running Windows 10 and installed the driver per the manual. Got every other sampling rate to work but cannot get it to play a DSD file. Interestingly enough if I setup JRiver to Upsample to DSD X 2 the DAC 9 shows that (2XDAC lights up) and actually plays it. If I set Audirvana on my Mac to upsample it also plays on the DAC 9 but in that scenario no sampling rate shows at all so I'm not sure what its doing. Just won't play a native DSD file on either OS right now. I've sent an email to Audio Research support to see what they are saying about native DSD playback. I'm sure it will all get worked out in time ... there are dangers of living on the bleeding edge! :-)

Meanwhile the burn in continues. Will see how it sounds in the AM after playing all night!
Thanks for the update! I'm sure ARC will get the DSD sorted out via USB. New ground for them. Please keep us updated with your progress. I believe an ARC DAC will be in my future in early 2017.

Best,
Ken